22 January 2017

Love Shake


Love is a shakin', quakin' me in my boots.. or maybe just shakin' 'round a few hearts, starts, and sequins in a fun Valentine card.

Supplies


Challenges

Impression Obsession: Love is in the Air
Crafty Gals Corner: Love Shake


Putting It Together

The Love die from Impression Obsessions is wonderful. I keep thinking of ideas I want to use it with. I think shakers are fun, and I also have a love for Silk Microfine glitter so I just had to combine them.


I wanted to have a semi-transparent Love over the clear window of the shaker. So, I put adhesive sheet on two sides of a piece of vellum.


I knew I wanted to use red microfine glitter, so the rest would have to match. While pondering my stash, I thought about this pebble-y textured cardstock and thought it would be perfect. I also grabbed a couple sheets of pink fun foam and adhesive sheet. I found a circle die just larger than the Love for the shaker window.


I die cut the Love from the vellum/adhesive sheet.


I took the release sheet off the front of the Love and used a slip of release sheet to handle the sticky Love.

To apply glitter, I use a 'glitter tray'. It's a shallow cheap foil baking pan (that never ever goes in the kitchen - if you use something for crafting, you can't ever use it for food again) lined with a ry Swiffer cloth. I use a coffee filter for pouring glitter to contain it. Any stray glitter will be trapped by the Swiffer. I also use Swiffer to wipe up and glitter (or embossing powder).


I poured glitter over the exposed adhesive. Once that part had glitter on it, I could remove the release sheet scrap from the rest and glitter it, too.


Using a finger, I burnished the glitter into the adhesive then brushed off excess with a fluffy brush. I  also gently wiped the Love with a Swiffer to make sure there were no stray glitter bits on front or back. I also glittered the heart from the 'o' with silver.


I adhered the acetate window between foam and the top paper. I double stacked the foam to make the window deeper.


I added the Love to the front of the Acetate window. I die cut a thin ring of silver metallic cardstock to finish the edge of the window.


I filled the shaker window with red hearts, red sequins, and silver and gold stars.


I added the heart I glittered and 3 red rhinestones to the corner of the card to finish it.


2 comments:

  1. What a beautiful shaker card! Thank you so much for entering our challenge at Crafty Gals Corner Challenges this week. Be sure to join us next week too!
    Blessings,
    CGC DT
    Scrapbookingmamaw {My Blog}
    Crafty Gals Corner Challenges

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful! Love all the "shimmer" ! Great die to have for wedding and anniversary cards! Thanks for sharing and inspiring! Best of luck in the Challenges! Health and Happiness!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your comments. I do read every one. Your comments help me to grow as an artist. It warms my heart to see wonderful comments and constructive criticism.