04 February 2017

Sweet Life


Cupcakes! The kitty and little girl have cupcakes and love to offer.

Supplies


Putting It Together

I decided to do this project as a single layer card so I cut a strip of 140lb watercolour card stock 4 1/4" x 11" and scored it at 5 1/2" for a top folding A2 card.


Since I would be using light colours, predominantly pink and red, I stamped the image in light pink to do a "no lines" technique.


I used Distress Inks and waterbrushes to paint/colour the image. Since it was stamped with a light colour, the stamping lines don't show in the final image (the "no lines" technique).

I recently bought new waterbrushes to try other types. For this project I used a Mudder brand set. The set has a wider variety of brush shapes which I wanted to give a try. I used the smallest of the flat brushes to do the background wash and the small and medium brush to colour the image. The brushes have a heavier flow from the reservoir which is great for washes but not as good for doing marker-like colouring. I had to dry the brushes frequently while using them. The small brush also had an oldd feel. It felt like the brush head was loose. I like the tight fine tip, but I didn't feel the tip. Not really a good way to explain it. The brush also started stiff and then went soft as I used it. 


I wanted to add an 'interest' to the inside of the card, so, in addition to stamping a sentiment, I used a Stampin' Up stencil to pounce on a scattering of hearts. I used the Misti to line up the stencil with the magnets to anchor it and the card. I've covered my magnets (all but one broken) with washi tape which does help to pull them apart when the magnets fly several inches to clack together. 


Both the sentiments (inside and out) are stamped with Fired Brick which is also the red I used for the image so they tie together well.


I usually leave more white space inside the card for a personal sentiment, but the hearts are soft enough they would be a background to something written in.



Challenges

Kraftin' Kimmie Stamps Saturday challenge: Hearts
The Colour Throwdown: Red, Pink, Chocolate Brown, White
Simon Says Stamp Monday challenge: Pets Corner
Tuesday Throwdown: Love Notes
Simon Says Stamp Wednesday challenge: Colour of Love
Addicted to Stamps and More: Make Your Mark
Crazy 4 Challenges: Animals
Art Impressions: Lots of Love
Creative With Stamps: Valentine
Pearly Sparkles: Love is All Around






10 comments:

  1. What a gorgeous one layer card. Your no line colouring is really effective and I love that you decorated inside the card too!
    Thanks for sharing with us at ATSM and I hope you will join us again soon.
    Hugs
    Carol x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for joining us at CWS, your card is so sweet! Jo x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Awesome card, Rijacki! I love how you watercolored with the distress inks - great idea! Thanks so much for joining our challenge this week at Simon Says Stamp Monday challenge! hugs, Maura

    ReplyDelete
  4. Adorable card...inside and out! Thanks for joining us at Color Throwdown!

    ReplyDelete
  5. She is tooo sweet... Love it! So happy you joined us at CTD!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love the darling image. And your coloring is just fantastic. Also love the inside of the card. Thank you for joining us at ATSM. All the very best and hope to see you again in our gallery soon. Nandini, DT

    ReplyDelete
  7. She is so sweet and gorgeous colouring. You have finished the inside perfectly.

    Thank you for sharing with us at Simon Says Stamp Wednesday Challenge X

    ReplyDelete
  8. She is so cute! Great no line coloring!
    Thank you for joining us at Creative With Stamps!
    Lilian
    The Leaf Studio

    ReplyDelete
  9. oh you also decorate lovely inside your card
    the front one I love no line coloring you did
    she is cute the cat also cute with cupcake
    lovely Image lovely card and many thanks for joining us at Creative with Stamps this month
    you can join 3 times and dont forget to added our Badge of challenge to be eligible to win the Prize and the top 3 Place :)
    Thanks so much
    hugs
    Monika

    ReplyDelete
  10. A beautiful make… many thanks for joining in at Pearly Sparkles. Hugs, Traci DT xx

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your comments. I do read every one. Your comments help me to grow as an artist. It warms my heart to see wonderful comments and constructive criticism.