16 September 2016

Owl-oween!


It's the spooky time of year and the owls want to be in on the fun, too. Happy Owl-oween!

Challenges

Kraft-ember Krafty Krop 3pm: Seasonal card featuring an animal
Craft Your Passion: Anything Goes
Crafting From the Heart: Anything Goes

Supplies


Putting It Together

My favourite holiday is Halloweeen, Samhain. It can be a rather fun holiday, an excuse to cosplay that's 'acceptable' to mainstream *laugh*


I painted up an owl dressed up as a witch on a broom, one of the cuties in a stamp set from the KKS August release. I painted a background with the intent of doing die cutting. I forgot to take a picture before cutting.


As a stitched disk the owl is well contained. I pondered what to do with the disk and looked through some card stocks and papers in my stash.


I found the perfect background, glittered damask in black and white. I added one of the sentiments on a long flag. The owl and flag are popped up with foam mounting tape.


Inside I added another sentiment from the set and one of the cute little ghosties.


I'm still coping with a camera that's not as good as the one which stopped working. Every time I want to take a picture, I find myself turning toward my mouse and the computer, to the controls of the camera that's not working. Other than that, the old camera is working out for now. The quality is not as high, but I can live with it for now. I'm not going to let the adversity stop me.

1 comment:

  1. Such a fun image. I like the card.
    Thanks for playing with us at Craft your Passion Good luck!! Michelle(DT)

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your comments. I do read every one. Your comments help me to grow as an artist. It warms my heart to see wonderful comments and constructive criticism.