30 November 2016

Birthday Tea


A lovely tea pot and...


... a lovely cup of tea with birthday wishes for a friend.

Challenges

Addicted to Stamps and More: Mark Your Mark
Simon Says Stamp Work-It Wednesday: Use Dies
Simon Says Stamp Wednesday challenge: Anything Goes
Through the Craft Room Door: Anything Goes
Inspiration Destination: Anything Goes
Penny's Paper-crafty: Anything Goes
Craft Your Passion: Anything Goes
Crafting From the Heart: Anything Goes
Creative Craft Cottage: Anything Goes
Creative Moments: Anything Goes

Supplies



Putting It Together

I got the cup pop-up die set several weeks ago and kept not getting around to using it. When a friend/co-worker mentioned her birthday party is going to be a tea party, I thought it would be the perfect opportunity and the perfect match. I forgot to take more pictures as I was putting this together since it was my first time using the die and my thoughts were more focused on the creative side of the project.


I have also had the Coffee and Tea Peel Off stickers for a while, too. Like the die set, they're from Elizabeth Craft Designs. I first put some adhesive on to some Soft Finish cardstock and then laid down adhesive sheet on the card stock. I put the peel off on top of the adhesive, using the backing sheet from the adhesive to make sure it was well adhered. I then cascaded Warm Diamond Silk Microfine glitter over the panel. I then used a blending tool to start adding in Distress Ink (Mermaid Lagoon) to the background.


I used a waterbrush to apply the pinks (Worn Lipstick, Festive Berries, and Spun Sugar) to the pot and finish the background. I used a Distress Marker (Spiced Marmalade) for the flower centers. 

My original intent was to use different colours of the Microfine glitter but I couldn't remember how Els had done that (I'll need to find and watch that video). However, painting with the Distress Inks worked beautifully, possibly even better since it has a watercoloured look as well as the glittery finish.


The pop-up die set includes a cup which is cut twice from heavy cardstock so they stand up well. I used one of the small peel offs of the set to decorate the edge of the cup to match the pot. I only decorated the front cup. The back, supporting cup was left plain.


I covered the inside of the card with the lovely foiled wrapping paper I bought in Missouri at the Peace Nook. I love the texture of the paper and thought it would be lovely as a 'table cloth' for the tea cup. The die set includes a half circle which can be used to cut the inside paper to give the illusion of the base as a saucer. 

The die set's mechanism area has a lightly embossed pattern in a circle with tabs cut on each side facing the fold. Each cup is attached to a tab and then at the top of the cups. I used Scor-tape to attach the cups. The die set comes with a steam curl, which I cut from vellum, and a spoon, which I cut from silver foiled card stock. I attached the vellum with a bit of Scor-tape and the spoon with Glue-dots for a small bit of dimension.

I added the Happy Birthday from the Tim Holtz Celebration Words die set. None of the pre-glittered or foiled cardstocks in my stash 'matched' the Silk Microfine glitter or looked good with it, so I also glittered the words, too, by using adhesive sheet and cardstock. I used the Xyron to make the words into stickers to add to the card. I added a pearl for the dot of "birthday".


To hide the pop-up mechanism of the card, I added more of the wrapping paper to the back.


I trimmed the pot's panel and daubed the edges with Mermaid Lagoon. I added a strip of the wrapping paper to the front panel and gave the pop panel a bit of dimension with foam masking tape.


The card opens up and lays flat to reveal the pop-up cup. 


The glitter catches the light and sparkles.

9 comments:

  1. Brilliant design . Thank you for joining us at Creative Craft Cottage challenge good luck Ginny DT for Creative Craft Cottage
    My Blog As I do Rodos

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lovely!!!! Brilliant !!!!
    A wonderful creation !!!
    Thank you so much for entering our ATG challenge at
    Through The Craft Room Door
    this week. Looking forward to see you again next challenge.
    Hugs Cicci
    DT member at TTCRD
    Cicci With The Pen {My Blog}

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great card! Love the fun popup inside! Thank you for joining us at Creative Craft Cottage. Cindy (DT)

    ReplyDelete
  4. love all that glitter and the fun interactive element - thanks for sharing your project at Addicted to Stamps and More

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a gorgeous sparkly card.
    Thank you for joining us at Simon says Stamp Wednesday Challenge.
    Luv
    Debby

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wow, the stained glass effect on your card is so beautiful. Thank you for joining our challenge at Craft Your Passion. We hope to see you again!
    ~ Bonnie DT

    ReplyDelete
  7. Awesome card and project,thanks for the tutorial and thank you for joining us at ATSM
    Željka DT xo

    ReplyDelete
  8. Beautiful card! Love the stained glass look to it.

    Thanks for joining us over @ Penny's Paper Crafty Challenge!!
    Hope to see you back again soon :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. Such a fun card and a great design, thank you for joining us at Penny's Paper Crafty Challenge.
    Anne DT

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your comments. I do read every one. Your comments help me to grow as an artist. It warms my heart to see wonderful comments and constructive criticism.