20 January 2018

Cardinal - Prismacolour and die cutting


In folklore, a cardinal is a recently departed soul that has come to visit a loved one. The day after my brother's funeral, his youngest daughter had a volleyball game for school. Several of the relatives who where there for the funeral went to the game. When they came out, a single cardinal was in the tree saying "pretty, pretty, pretty." My brother enjoyed going to see his daughter's games. Loved one may leave us, but love stays with us forever.


On the front of the card is a stamp by Kraftin' Kimmie Stamps which I coloured with Prismacolour pencils. Inside die cuts from Impression Obsession and Memory Box with a sentiment from Unity Stamps.

Putting It Together


My story card an angel speaks to the one who is newly departed to give permission to visit the loved one.


I stamped the image with Simon Says Stamp premium dye ink in Fog and then coloured the image with Prismacolour pencils. The image is part of a Christmas set, so I modified it a little. I changed the holly leaf wreath to laurel leaves and added a feather curl to the bird's head to be more cardinal-like.


I die cut a tree from green cardstock and the cardinal from red foiled.



Supplies


Challenges

Kraftin' Kimmie Stamps Krafty Krop: #5 Single Layer
Simon Says Stamp Monday: Birds of a Feather

1 comment:

  1. Love your fabulous card! Your coloring is beautiful! Thank you so much for sharing with us at Simon Says Stamp Monday Challenge. :)

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your comments. I do read every one. Your comments help me to grow as an artist. It warms my heart to see wonderful comments and constructive criticism.