11 March 2018

Chick Card - Prismacolour pencil


Buh-Cah! Rise and Shine little chickie.

I used Prismacolour pencils to colour a Bloobel digital stamp to create a quirky fun card.


Putting It Together

I have long been a fan of Bloobel images. I love the quirkiness. But, though I have been buying them a while now, this is the first project I have used one *gasp*. I've been wanting to make something with them but finally got one to the top of my pile of To Do. 


Ambitiously, I always put multiple images on a sheet when I am going to do a print.


I used Prismacolour to colour up the chick and added a bit of Uniball white to the eyes.


I trimmed the chick with a stitched oval die with the intent of making something a little bit country. Then, while looking in my stash for background paper, I tried this scrap of green that was in my "to be put away" basket and loved how the green makes the image "pop". I love, too, how it picks up the little bit of green I added in the eyes. So, I trimmed it down to a panel and rounded the corners with a punch. I liked the rectangle with the oval.


I found this pre-done sentiment in the Kaiserkraft pad with a country theme and thought it perfect. The straw paper, too, just the right touch.


I used Distress ink, Walnut Stain and Ground Espresso, to darken/distress the edges of the straw paper and sentiment.


I used a nail buffer to distress the edges of the green colour-core panel. I added a dark olive gingham ribbon and popped up the sentiment with foam mounting tape. I adhered it all to a kraft card base to continue the country theme.


Inside, I used Wild Honey Distress Oxides with a My Favorite Things stencil to add a subtle sunburst to the corner and then stamped a retired sentiment from Elizabeth Craft Designs.



Supplies


Challenges

Crazy 4 Challenges: Fowl/Feathers
Addicted to Stamps and More: Make Your Mark
Crafty Gals Corner: Anything Goes
Crafty Hazelnut's Patterned Paper: Anything Goes
Love to Scrap: Anything Goes

3 comments:

  1. WOW love this little guy. I love Bloobel stamps Lisa does such great designs just that bit different. I love how you have broken down your card design and have given us a full list of supplies used x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yikes, this is quite the chicken! Your coloring is fabulous and the straw paper is perfect! Thanks for playing with LTSCB.

    ReplyDelete
  3. your colouring is amazing Rijacki. love the background. A great card.Thanks for playing along with us at Addicted to Stamps & More. Hope to see you again
    Shylaa DT@ATSM
    Adhiraacreations

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your comments. I do read every one. Your comments help me to grow as an artist. It warms my heart to see wonderful comments and constructive criticism.